In honour of great British beef week, we bring you a brilliant recipes from our friends at Simply Beef and Lamb #GBBW202. A summer salad dish featuring cooked sirloin or rump steak combined with the classic caesar salad ingredients – cos lettuce, croutons, and a delicious dressing made with mustard, lemon juice olive oil, grated Parmesan and anchovy sauce.
- In a small bowl mix together the chives, seasoning and olive oil. Use to brush the steaks on both sides. Set aside for 5 minutes
- Cook the steaks under a preheated moderate grill or prepared barbecue according to your preference.
- Based on a 2cm thick steakTo Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each sideTo Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each sideTo Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- Transfer to a plate and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Slice on the diagonal and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the lettuce leaves and the croûtons.
- Prepare the dressing; put all the ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake well.
- Drizzle over the salad, garnish with extra Parmesan and serve immediately.
This recipe works well with leftover cooked roast beef too.
450g lean rump or sirloin steak
1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
45ml/3tbsp olive oil
1 large Cos or Romaine lettuce, leaves separated and roughly chopped
75g prepared bread croutons
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon anchovy sauce
Extra fresh Parmesan shavings
large salad bowl.